Postdoctoral Position in Molecular Biology
A challenging job as post-doc within a research group expanding toward novel genomics technologies.
Personal Genomics is a Spin-off of the University of Verona in rapid expansion whose activities are mainly focused in human diagnostics and genomics through the use of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies. The aim of Personal Genomics is to provide products, services and solutions to the market with highly innovative technology in the field of biotechnology. Moreover, Personal Genomics is involved in national and international projects, also within the Horizon2020 European framework.
We are seeking applicants with knowledge in molecular biology techniques for the analysis of nucleic acid using either low or high-troughput technologies. The candidate for this position will be responsible to carry on research within the framework of a European Project.
We want an independent, creative, innovative and well-organized person with excellent cooperative skills.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a PhD in one of these fields of study: biotechnology, biology or related fields.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in English and scientific writing
- Capability in protocol adjustment
- Experience with nucleic acid isolation and quality check
- Experience with nucleic acid analysis using either low or high-troughput technologies
Desired or preferred:
- Previous experience in next generation sequencing technologies
- Previous experience with isolation and analysis of nucleic acid from microrganisms
In this role you will be supervised by Professor Delledonne, head of the Laboratory of Functional Genomics (http://ddlab.sci.univr.it/fgl/index.shtml) and Personal Genomics (http://www.personalgenomics.it/personalgenomics/?lang=en). The position offered is for a period of three years with possibility of renew.
Prof. Massimo Delledonne
Department of Biotechnology, University of Verona
Strada le Grazie 15, Cà Vignal 1
37134 Verona, Italy
Tel: +39 045 8027962
Iscriviti gratuitamente alla nostra newsletter per restare sempre aggiornato su tutte le news pubblicate. Basta inserire la propria mail (le mail, inclusa quella di conferma di iscrizione, potrebbero arrivare nella posta indesiderata o spam: contrassegnale come posta non indesiderata): clicca qui